Friday, November 14, 2008

Ike at the Office

I've been procrastinating a lot lately, so in an effort to procrastinate new things I thought I'd post some of my pictures of the damage to our office building caused by Hurricane Ike. We were out of work for almost a week due to Ike and when they brought us back we were on generator power without AC for a week and then after they obtained a larger generator we were on generator power with AC for another week. It took about a month to get the office cleaned up again. Of course, in that time everyone switched offices (except me since I'm on the back hallway that was for the most part not effected.



They tore up the wet carpet and dry wall before they let us back in the building.



They had fans running to dry everything out.



It was just my side of the building that flooded -- the east side.



My *new* bosses old office. He's down the hall from me now. He went on vacation after Ike came through so he missed a lot of the office mess.



This office was empty, but it becamse a joke that we now knew what happened to the guy that had been in this office ... he slowly dug his way out. :)



I'm not sure exactly how much water we had inside but they took about 4 inches off the dry wall.



Towards east of building.



Looking back towards the back of the building.

No comments: